[asterisk-doc] I am new to asterisk..Please help me..

Randy Resnick randulo at ssl-mail.com
Tue Jul 11 10:01:21 MST 2006

ganesan J wrote:
> i am unable to find a step by step configuration guide.What i
> sthe prerequest and how to configure this asterisk and all.
> This my envirionment:

Ganesh,

My first answer to you should have included this. I would recommend the
following reading to get started:

http://automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/07/03/asterisk.html
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/22/asterisk2.html

http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/content/docbook/current/docs-html/book1.html

Once you have read a couple of these, you can usually get specific help
on the asterisk-users mailing list.

Once you know more, you can also get plenty of info in voip-info.org:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk

There are many localized sites about asterisk and there may even be a
usr group near you.

Good luck,

rr