[asterisk-doc] Asterisk console remotely, for old versions

Tom Lobato tomlobato at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:46:19 MST 2006

  Hi!

  I'm reading "Asterisk: The future of the Telephony". Congratulations
to asteriskdocs.org community, to me it's being excellent for get start.

  Well, I have a suggestion/errata about section "Writing AGI Scripts in
Perl":

      "If safe_asterisk was used to start Asterisk, the first Asterisk
console will be on TTY9, which
      means that you will not be able to view AGI errors remotely."

  In really, we can use conspy
(http://ace-host.stuart.id.au/russell/files/conspy/, the remote control
of Linux  virtual consoles) software for reach this task. Just enter
remote asterisk server via ssh, then, as root, type 'conspy 9' if
safe_asterisk run its console on tty9.

   Well, it seems asterisk already permit 'asterisk -r ' also when
safe_asterisk is running, but for who yet use old versions, I hope it
helps. Anyway its a util, and funny =), utility for unix admins.

  Cheers
  Tom Lobato