[Asterisk-doc] I'd like to "Get Involved" :-)

Leif Madsen asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 10:35:24 MST 2006

On 3/30/06, Jonas Laursen <decko at mail.dk> wrote:
> That would be awesome. I really love PHP's docs too, and I think that
> the documentation on voip-info is sort of fucked up, same goes for
> asteriskdocs.org. Im willing to help too.

The problem with asteriskdocs.org is that it hasn't been updated in
quite some time -- we had been spending the last year working on the
starfish book.

I'm really interested in adding a PHP.net style section to the
asteriskdocs.org site -- it'd make it a lot easier to add new
documentation I imagine. Would really like to keep it all in SVN as
well. None of this sounds impossible to do, just some time is needed
to build the backend and infrastructure to handle it.

I was looking at the php.net site, and apparently the code they are
using is open-source (available). I'll have to spend a bit more time
looking around, but I wonder if we should just implement the same
backend that the php.net folks are using -- it seems to be exactly
what we are trying to do :)

ljam.