[Asterisk-doc] You ASKED for an Asterisk book, you GOT an Asterisk book!

Leif Madsen asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:58:29 CDT 2005

Jared Smith, Jim van Meggelen, and Leif Madsen of the Asterisk
Documentation Project, in conjunction with O'Reilly Media are pleased
to announce the official release of Asterisk: The Future of Telephony
on Friday, October 14, 2005 at AstriCon 2005 in Anaheim, CA.

In the true spirit of Open Source, the authors and O'Reilly Media have
published the book under the open, Creative Commons license, allowing
the book in its entirity to be freely distributed.

Asterisk: The Future of Telephony is now freely available, for
download in PDF form, from the Asterisk Documentation Project website
located at http://www.asteriskdocs.org. On the left hand side, click
on "Read the book online!" for a copy.

The authors would like to thank O'Reilly Media for having the vision
to understand how significant it is for the Asterisk community to have
a book freely available, thereby lowering the barrier of entry for
those new to Asterisk, and to give back to a project that has given us
all so much.

I would personally like to thank Jared Smith, Jim van Meggelen,
Michael Loukides (our editor) and the entire O'Reilly Media staff.

The book is currently shipping, and should be available at all major
book stores in paperback, and also online from
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk/ and other online outlets.

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it!

PS: If the Asterisk Documentation Project website becomes slow due to
the number of people accessing it at once, we appoligize and
appreciate your patience. For those of you who are able to obtain the
full copy, please consider helping us out by creating mirrors and
torrents and posting them to the list by replying to this thread.
Thanks!

--
Leif Madsen - http://www.leifmadsen.com
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk