[Asterisk-doc] Asterisk db example

Chris Tooley ctooley at ntrc.net
Wed Mar 9 11:54:11 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 10:32 -0600, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 17:13 +0100, Randy Resnick wrote:
> > Chris Tooley wrote:
> > > They aren't related, it was the reference to a DB at all that triggered
> > > the thought.  Realtime is what sold our current client on using
> > > Asterisk.
> >
> > If Realtime is mysql for user and client configs (? isn't it?), it's one
> > of those aspects I've stayed away from, since I don't need it. Not
> > really a beginner subject, I suspect.
>
> Not to play list cop, but if you are having to ask questions on what
> something is, shouldn't you go to the -user list and become well versed
> in the topic before coming to -doc to document it?

I don't think he's planning on writing documentation on the Realtime
extensions.  I was.  He was confused by my messed up way of making the
statement that I would document it.  His confusion is understandable and
I apologize for it.

This list is low enough traffic that while it shouldn't become a low
volume way of getting answers to configuration problems, we also
shouldn't drive off the people that are actually taking an active part
in the documentation.