[Asterisk-doc] Asterisk - Avaya Definity Interoperatability

Mohan D. Urs mohan.urs at ionidea.com
Tue Aug 30 03:57:17 CDT 2005

Hi,

Is there anyone who has explored building a Avaya Definity/CM2 pbx
system with voicemail box on Asterisk ?

I am using the T1/E1 link between Asterisk and Avaya Definity system.  I
was told that G.711 protocol is supported at both ends.  How do we
configure to enable the Asterisk voicemail so that calls made to
definity extensions, if not received, gets re-directed to the voicemail
box, and the recorded message gets delivered to the recipient's mailbox ?

Thanks
Mohan