[Asterisk-doc] Connecting to a PRI

Mats Karlsson mats.o.karlsson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:22:20 CDT 2005

Jeff Gehlbach wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 15:36 -0500, Gene Naden wrote:
>
>>My earlier writing omitted mention of E-1. I have written a few paragraphs
>>to try to remedy it. Would the interested persons please have a look at it
>>and criticize, especially folks familiar with E1.
>

> I can't comment on E1, but one slight correction on PRI channelization
> terminology: the "D" designation of the signalling channel stands for
> "delta", not "data".  The same applies for the 16Kbps "D" channel used
> in BRI.
>
> I just joined the list, so I must have missed the balance of your
> writing.  I would love to peruse, is it in CVS?
>
> -jeff

Gene just a minor correction:
E1 is 32 channels not 31 as mentioned in the doc.

And Jeff, the D channel is data and B is for bearer in the ISDN language.

The D channel is used for signaling and data transfer like text messages
between ISDN devices.

So the doc is correct on this point.

And Gene God work!

/Mats