[Asterisk-doc] Preferred editors for DocBook format

jim at digitalchemy.ca jim at digitalchemy.ca
Wed Sep 8 18:51:03 CDT 2004

We have NOT hijacked the thread. We're discussing tools we'd use for the doc
project. The DocBook format deserves to be discussed in this thread, as well as
tools people use to improve the experience. Its not as if we're talking about the
price of turnips in Afghanistan. I even changed the subject so we're not
misrepresenting ourselves!

UltraEdit is awesome. And who can argue that vi is a key differentiator between the
über geeks and script kiddies.

The problem I have with reading the raw XML is that my right brain keeps asking
"but what does it LOOK like?". Sure, I understand the whole "separate the content
from the style" argument, and so (presumably) does my left brain. But my right
brain still says "then what's it GONNA look like!?!" (guys who are married
understand the vital importance of listening to the right brain).

So, hoping that I'm a holistic thinker, I gotta have a WYSIASOWYCG (What You
See Is A Sample Of What You Can Get).

If I keep the whole brain happy, my head doesn't tend to sit as skewed on my neck.