[Asterisk-doc] Re: I'm thinking that FTP makes more sense for Volume One than CVS does

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu Oct 7 12:43:49 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 10:28 -0700, Greg Varga wrote:
> Being able to do a yum check-update / update (or ... insert your package
> manager) is essencial for any admin who has to take care of a large install
> base.  Altho Asterisk has not been installed into a site with a large number of
> servers, I'm sure it will get there. Having binary forms of Asterisk would be
> SOOOO nice when that happens. (And I'll be doing it as soon as possible) :)

For what it's worth, Steve Pritchard has been working on some Asterisk
RPMS for submission to the fedora.us repository.  If any of you are
interested, let me know and point you his direction.  (I know he's been
swamped with opening a new storefront, and hasn't yet re-rolled the RPMS
for Asterisk 1.0.  He'd probably appreciate any help we can give him.)

And for those of you who prefer to use the source, just ignore me.  :-)

-Jared