[Asterisk-doc] I'm thinking that FTP makes more sense for Volume One than CVS does

Darryl Ross darryl at oeg.com.au
Thu Oct 7 01:40:26 CDT 2004

jim at digitalchemy.ca wrote:
> On 7 Oct 2004 at 15:41, Darryl Ross wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>Perhaps provide a reference to
>>http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk-mirrors so that people can download it
>>directly from one of the mirrors.
>
> That's a good idea.

The only problem is that all of the mirrors seem to be layed out slightly differently, and some
of them don't have a full copy of Digium's FTP server (including mine: mirror.afoyi.com).

It would be much easier to mirror if Digium supported rsync... I might send Mark an email about
that.

Not sure the best way to fix that one. Perhaps if we could get Mark to support some "official"
mirrors, which are in the A records for ftp.digium.com.

Cheers
Darryl

--

Darryl Ross
Senior Network Engineer
Email: darryl at oeg.com.au
Phone: 61 8 81228361

If you want to live up to the whole "There is more than one way to
     do it" slogan, you have to give someone a swiss army chainsaw ...