[Asterisk-doc] Need some help

Randy Resnick randulo at ssl-mail.com
Wed Oct 6 00:54:59 CDT 2004

> I really wanted to try the asterisk PBX, but I don't know how to
> start it. What are the necessary hardware needed, how to setup and
> configure asterisk PBX and lot of things that needs some assistance.

This is the Asterisk Documentation Project list. You should post on the
users list. However, the results of this project are available here:

http://asteriskdocs.org

here are two excellent articles you should read:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/07/03/asterisk.html
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/22/asterisk2.html

Lots more here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk

In fact there is no lack of descrptive and helpful information on the
web already.

> What if I have an existing PBX(Fujitsu E-630) and 20 local phones,
> and I want to migrate it using the Asterisk PBX because of some
> features that cannot be handle by an ordinary PBX such as the VoIP
> and etc. What are the hardware needed? can I still use my ordinary
> telephone? I really appreciate all your opinions and thank you in
> advance.

This is a good question to ask on the users list.