[Asterisk-doc] asterisk-doc Conference Call - phase 2 :)

Jared Smith asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Fri, 14 May 2004 09:58:42 -0600

I'll add my comments inline as well...

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 13:06, William Suffill wrote:
> Very well put Leif.
>
> At least for now I don't see the need for PSTN connectivity because that
> would get rather costly depending on how many people use that method and
> the length of the conference. The only way I see that being possible is
> is someone who provides PSTN access donated it for the conference.

The reason I requested PSTN access is a selfish one... I don't have
immediate access to a VOIP system to use for the conference.  (I may end
up hosting toll-free access on a system here at work, if I can get my
boss to OK it.)

> I can understand how people might be unavailable to use VOIP but I would
> also think given the nature of the people working on this many should
> have their own ways to call in to their pbx's and join the conference.
> It would be too much of burden on the asterisk docs project to also
> provide that as well.
>
> Turnout should dictate where it's hosted since we need to make sure
> there is ample resources to support all those this wish to attend.

Long term, that certainly makes sense.  Short term, let's just find
something we can use!

> Also it's more than likely that not everyone who would be interested in
> joining the conf will be available for every single one. Minutes of the
> conferences should probably be put out to the mailing list to keep
> others informed of what was discussed and whatnot. I would think these
> could be posted after the work day Monday assuming the conference was on
> Sunday evening. This gives time to whoever took the minutes to clean
> them up into a presentable manor for the list.

Again... that's a great idea.

> Recording could be a double edged sword since it will be a long audio
> file and how much of that will actually be relevant to those who weren't
> in attendance. That further reinforces the concept of minutes so that
> someone there can polish what was decided into something anyone could
> read and understand.

If I end up being able to host this week's conference, I think I'll
record the call just to make it easier to create the minutes.  I doubt
we'd make the recording of the entire call available for general
consumption.

Jared