[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-doc] Conference hosting request for asterisk-doc

Martin List-Petersen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 02:10:51 +0100

Citat William Suffill <dedd@comcast.net>:

> I guess if you think of it that way. Probably more truth to the fact
> that bandwidth and termination costs money and it's hard to find people
> who can spare it.

Exactly. EV1 at least is pretty decent in their pricing. I only have one
(german) colo, that has cheaper traffic pricing than them.

Matter of fact. I'm currently setting the asterisk up on a dedicated ip
(including ip accounting to see, how much bandwidth this will cost us. good to
know in the future.) on my ev1 box with iax, sip and h.323 and we can use it
for
now. I've got plenty of spare bandwidth at the modem and the box is a dual
xeon,
so no problems there.

Also i'm putting a document together, what will be needed to connect to it on
sunday.

The toll free would be a good one, but i would say it's a bit costly affair. In
the US most people (which i know at least) anyway have a flatrate locally, some
even nationwide and if it costs you a couple of cents to call into the
conference, whatever. There is allways the possibility to hook in via any of
the
ip protocols.

/Martin
--
You can't erase a dream, you can only wake me up.
                -- Peter Frampton