[Asterisk-doc] In the installation section we should add this.

Ariel Batista asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 16:43:03 -0400

In installing many time asterisk I ran into this problem with RH 8, 9 and
Fedora from time to time.  That once you started asterisk with safe_asterisk
and on console windows "ctrl-alt-F9" you get some strange charters (fonts).
Here is what you need to fix this with.  Now this is for us here in the US
so someone in other place needs to add there settings to it!

Edit with vi or other text editor the file in /etc/sysconfig/i18n and change
it to match the following:

LANG="en_US"
SUPPORTED="en_US:en"
SYSFONT="lat0-16"

Then you save the file and reboot the system. This reboot needs to be done
before restarting Asterisk.  This should take care of the fonts for you!

        \
\____\_     Ariel Batista
        /         Avionica, Inc.
abatista@avionica.com