[Asterisk-doc] Upadate information.

Ariel Batista asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 11:41:15 -0400

Hello here is my first venture into this documentation list.

In the introduction area page 2 we need to correct the TDM400P section to
list the numbers of TDMXXB cards, and list the how to get the right card
ordered.  There is a great discription now on Digiums we site. I am putting
it here!  Also I would add that these cards are PCI 2.2 and should not be
used on older PCI 2.1 buses!  In the IRC we have had lots of people getting
into trouble over this one issue!.

The Wildcard TDM400P is a half-length PCI 2.2 compliant card that supports
from one to four telephone interfaces for connecting analog telephones or
analog lines to a PC. Using Digium's Asterisk PBX software and standard PC
hardware, one can create a SOHO (Small Office Home Office) telephony
environment that includes all the sophisticated features of a high-end
business telephone system.
The TDM400P takes the place of an expensive channel bank and brings the
system price point to a low level. By using FXO and FXS modules with the
TDM400P, one can create a solution with support for a range of telephones.
To scale this solution, simply add additional TDM400P cards populated with
modules.

In order to meet shipping schedules for our customers, Digium has developed
two matrices of TDM bundles. The first, "Standard Configurations," will be
kept in stock, on shelf, and ready for shipping. The second, "Non-Standard
Configurations," will be subject to a 5 business day shipping delay. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The naming convention for the TDM bundles is as follows: TDM X Y B. Where
"TDM" denotes that the card is TDM, "X" denotes the number of FXS modules,
"Y" denotes the number of FXO modules, and "B" indicates that that this
product is a bundle.

Digium offers the following standard configurations:

        a.. TDM10B - 1-port FXS bundle

        a.. TDM40B - 4-port FXS bundle

        a.. TDM01B - 1-port FXO bundle

        a.. TDM04B - 4-port FXO bundle

        a.. TDM11B - 1-port FXS & 1-port FXO bundle

        a.. TDM22B - 2-port FXS & 2-port FXO bundle

        a.. TDM31B - 3-port FXS & 1-port FXO bundle

Non-Standard Configurations

Digium also offers the following non-standard configurations:

  a.. TDM20B - 2-port FXS bundle
  b.. TDM30B - 3-port FXS bundle
  c.. TDM02B - 2-port FXO bundle
  d.. TDM03B - 3-port FXO bundle
  e.. TDM12B - 1-port FXS & 2-port FXO bundle
  f.. TDM13B - 1-port FXS & 3-port FXO bundle
  g.. TDM21B - 2-port FXS & 1-port FXO bundle
        \
\____\_     Ariel Batista
        /         Avionica, Inc.
abatista@avionica.com