[Asterisk-doc] lsmod, rmmod and modprobe

Steven Critchfield asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:09:34 -0500

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 11:57, Randy Resnick wrote:
> Steven Critchfield wrote:
>
> > Since modprobe will load all dependencies, it isn't necessary to
> > modprobe zaptel. When you load either of the other 2 modules you will
> > get zaptel loaded free.
>
> In that case, the doc BADLY needs to be rewritten :) I just followed the
> instructions on those pages!

The extra step isn't detrimental. I was just adding a few bits of info
to the list to fill in the information gap.

In the long run, it is best to only modprobe the exact drivers you need
as kernel memory area can't be freed and therefore loading unnecessary
drivers is a waste of resources.
--
Steven Critchfield  <critch@basesys.com>