[Asterisk-doc] Asterisk Cookbook - a simple gsm file recorder

R Resnick asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:10:43 +0200

Hi Olle,

> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Record
>
> If you include %d in the file name, it's incremented automatically.
>
> Maybe you should add an example of that.

Hey, is this in the hgta? I wasn't aware of it but then you could fill a
stadium with stuff I don't know :) Probably it is in the application
list that I haven't studied for a while...

The point of the recipe is that since it's hard to input letters on a
phone, you *could* actually be using the system to record specific
messages and even run a cron job to rename these into app-specific
locations. Dialing 'nnn' you *know* which file you'll be replacing. The
random increment is nice, but possibly less practical.

I wasn't sure how long or how much detail or discussion (or even what
format) these recipes are meant to be/have. I do think the cookbook will
be one of the most read sections, so I'm anxious to see how it develops.

Thanks for the correction.

rr