[Asterisk-doc] docs other-hardware.xml,1.1,1.2

Philipp von Klitzing asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:49:14 +0200

Hi there,

here some more up-to-date snippets concering ISDN that you might want to
include:

1.
> I remember that it's not possible to have a passive AVM Fritz card on
> an PTP mode ISDN line. I think cards with HFC chipset are able to do
> so. Of cause you could also use an active card with CAPI driver ;-)

you can use the AVM Fritz card in P2P mode, if you use the new mISDN
capi layer with chan_capi. You dont have to rely on a kernel-tainting
module anymore.
Of course it makes sense to use a hfc-pci card instead, since it will
provide your box with zaptel timing and echo cancelation!
--kapejod

PTP: Point-to-Point (usually goes along with DDI)
PTMP: Point-to-Multipoint

2.
Don't forget about the (new) chan_misdn:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20mISDN%20channels

Cheers, Philipp