[Asterisk-doc] Layout Suggestion

Leif Madsen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:21:57 -0400

I just wanted to get a quick layout thought out in the open.

[Basic Knowledge]
Introduction
Installation
Channels
Dialplans
Configuration Files
Common Issues

[Advanced Knowledge]
Advanced Asterisk Configuration
The Asterisk Cookbook
Scripting With AGI
Creating Asterisk Applications in C*
Common Issues

This would split the current chapter 3 basically into two chapters.
This then makes the channel .conf files such as sip.conf, iax.conf,
zapata.conf and I guess zaptel.conf(?) covered in the Channels
chapter.  Extensions.conf is then covered in chapter 4 (Dialplans).
We can then cover the other .conf files in Chapter 5 (Configuration
Files).  We can then end the basic knowledge section with common
issues (FAQ).

We can then start on the Advanced Knowledge section.  I've slight
rearranged it from its current order.  It then ends with its own
common issues section.

I can always use a little more help in writing documentation.  I'd
like to hear people's thoughts and documentation.  If you have a few
moments to comment it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,
Leif Madsen
http://www.asteriskdocs.org

*Maybe we shouldn't be this ambitious :)