[Asterisk-doc] Updating my time situation, please read!

Steven Critchfield asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:11:35 -0600

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 08:26, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 12:37, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> >
> > hmm, I thought I had started simple and built on the previous example as
> > I went.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the writing you've done.  I'm
> just trying to make it *PAINFULLY* simple in order to help out the
> absolutely clueless newbie.  For someone with previous programming
> experience, you're examples work well.  But I don't think they're simple
> enough for the majority of the people trying out Asterisk these days.
>
> Hopefully the attached file will be clearer on what I'm trying to
> accomplish... It's by no means done, but it's as far as I got last night
> before I fell asleep.  It's mostly just a fleshed-out outline with some
> examples, because I was too lazy to actually write out paragraphs.  I
> copied and pasted the text right out of your file when there was a good
> fit.
>
> Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone (especially not Steven) by
> changing what's already been written... I'm just trying to make this
> particular chapter as newbie-friendly as possible.  After all, this
> chapter is *the vital* chapter of the whole book.  If readers get lost
> in this chapter, they'll probably never use Asterisk or read any further
> chapters in the book.
>
> (Not only that, but maybe this will help reduce the signal to noise
> ratio on the -users list, so that I can actually enjoy reading it
> again.)

Don't ever worry about offending me.

I'm not sure where you seem to be headed makes it simpler. I'm going to
reread it again to make sure that is my opinion and hopefully to have
constructive critique.
--
Steven Critchfield <critch@basesys.com>