[Asterisk-doc] Ok... signalling or signaling ?

Jared Smith asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:46:29 -0700

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 07:08, Leif Madsen wrote:
> OK, as I was typing this message asking if we are supposed to be using
> signaling or signalling, my auto-spell checker underlines "signaling" as
> wrong, and "signalling" as correct.
>
> So I guess signaling needs to be removes from the words.list and
> signalling added ?
>
> Thanks,

Hmmmn... yes, I think we've decided to use the "2 L's" version of
signaling (or signalling), just because the one with 2 L's is what
Asterisk looks for in it's config files.  (And it would be inconsistent
to use "signaling" in the text but "signalling" in the configuration
files.

I'm surprised that "signaling" is in the word list, and not
"signalling"... Time to go see who to blame :-)

*5 minutes later*

Hmmn... doesn't look like either "signalling" or "signaling" is in the
current words.list file.  At least in what's checked into CVS.

Let's make sure "signalling" (with two L's) is what we stick with.  (For
what it's worth, *my* spell checker thinks that's wrong... but I really
don't want to confuse the newbies.)

Jared