[Asterisk-doc] bug report? Something that need to be fixed.

Jared Smith asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 01 Jan 2004 18:35:00 -0700

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 08:53, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> Since I now have CVS access, would it be a good idea for me to submit a
> word list file for aspell, or is there a reason to use a different spell
> checker?

I'm fine with aspell... as I understand it, it has the unique ability to
work around the XML tags, which is an added plus.

> I went through the current files and did some more spell checking. While
> doing so, I created a word list file for terms, application names,
> markup tags, names of people in the files, and a few other things that
> occur often enough to be okay even if it is not proper spelling(eg.
> newvar, and some directory path pieces.)
>
> So with this word list file, I was able to do spell checking by typing
> aspell -p ./word.list -c chapter01.xml

Well, that sounds easy enough... :-)

> Luckily the word.list file is in plain text, and if you don't agree with
> an inclusion, you just remove the entry from the list. If a entry needs
> fixing, you just edit it.
>
> BTW, here is another diff after doing some more spell checking to be
> looked over. I know I could submit it myself, but I am not comfortable
> with doing that yet. I'd rather be peer reviewed first.

It's been reviewed and checked into CVS... Please check the word list
into CVS and we'll make it a habit to run the spell-checker before
checking new stuff into CVS.