[Asterisk-doc] Web Forums Now Active

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Aug 24 12:10:57 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 19:02, Darryl Ross wrote:
> Randolph Resnick wrote:
> > Leif Madsen wrote:
> >
> >> I've activated the web forums on the website.  I'm hoping this will
> >> cause some more traffic and get people involved with the documentation
> >

> > I can't log in (I think I registered ages ago because my browser fills
> > in the fields) and I can't create a login. After hitting the "Finish"
> > button it says "Unable to create login" or something.
>
> Your browser probably only looks at the name of the field on the form, not the URL of the page,
> when working out the auto-complete. How many variations of 'username' and 'password' there are? :)
>
> Just because your browser autocompletes the fields for you doesn't mean you have filled out
> that form at that website before. (Especially if the forums are using the same software as
> another forum you've registered with.)

Sounds like you are an IE user.

Under mozilla or any other gecko based browser, all the form data is
stored with a site name for indexing.

For example this is found in my .mozilla directory. The parts after the
tilde where removed since they are the base64 encoded versions of what
you have to type to get into these sites.

https://www.attwireless.com
login
~
*password