[Asterisk-doc] How many users can Asterisk support

Steven Critchfield asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:01:54 -0500

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 06:00, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This request is mis-placed on asterisk-doc - please use asterisk-users
> for matters like this - thanks (the -doc list is dedicated purely to the
> co-ordination of writing/producing Asterisk documentation).
>
> > concern. How many VoIP subscribers can one Asterisk server support? I
> > cannot find any information on system capacity or performance data for
> > Asterisk. If we out grow the capacity of one server how can we scale
> > up? Can we run multiple Asterisk servers? How do you distribute the
> > subscriber database over multiple servers?
>
> Look here:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+dimensioning
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+administration

I think there may be something odd going on here. The last 2 threads
created where both misplaced, and therefore minorly interesting. I did
whois lookups, and they both come from the same area. Makes me wonder if
they are related. It is so highly unlikely we would receive 2 misplaced
messages in a week, let alone under 2 hours, and let alone from the same
geographic area.

whois infoserve.net
Registrant:
Infoserve Technology Ltd (INFOSERVE2-DOM)
   #205-5679 Imperial Street
   Burnaby, BC V5J 1G1
   CA

whois apthost.com