[Asterisk-doc] NOTES file << to be checked into CVS for me

Leif Madsen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
29 Dec 2003 21:10:38 -0500

--=-s+ZFmZ/YMTrAuFyWmTpl

Find attached the new NOTES file that I can't seem to figure out how to
check into CVS... maybe I'm just stupid :)

Thanks,
--
Leif Madsen <leif@hacklocalhost.com>
http://www.hacklocalhost.com

--=-s+ZFmZ/YMTrAuFyWmTpl

****
This file is for adding notes about the book so that other authors can read=
 it
and make comments on things that you have found in the book.  For instance,=
 if
you find some sort of a convention being used within' the book, and you hav=
a better idea, then feel free to make a comment in this file with a templat=
of your new format, and make notes on where you have seen the old format be=
ing
used so that we can compare.  This section will also be for FAQ's on things
we run into, such as how to create a URL link correctly, how to display cod=
e,
paths, commands, etc.. in paragraphs, and things like that.  If you have an=
questions, the mailing list can be found at:

jsmith and blitzrage can be found on IRC at #asterisk-doc on the freenode
network

The official Asterisk Documentation Project website is at
http://www.asteriskdocs.org
****

Used inside a paragraph: <para></para>
--------------------------------------

	commands:	<command>make install</command>

	pathnames:	<filename class=3D'directory'>/etc/asterisk/</filename>

	filenames:	<filename>extensions.conf</filename>

	header files:	<filename class=3D'headerfile'>errno.h</filename>

	variables:	<varname></varname>

	web link:	<ulink url=3D"http://asteriskdocs.org" type=3D"http"></ulink>

	other url:	<ulink url=3D"ftp://asteriskdocs.org" type=3Durl"></ulink>

	code*:		<programlisting></programlisting>
	  * Note: you do not need <literallayout> as this does it automatic

	code comments:	<programlisting>
			a=3D++a	<lineannotation>; comment</lineannotation>
			</programlisting>

	functions:	<function>Answer()</function>
	<function>Background(<replaceable>filename</replaceable>)</function>

	simplelist:	<simplelist>
				<member></member>
			</simplelist>

	variable list:	<variablelist>
			<varlistentry><term>newvar</term>
				<listitem>
				<para>new variable</para>
				</listitem>
			</varlistentry>
			</variablelist>

	comments:	<!-- this is a comment, you do not see in text -->

	< and >:	less than <:		&lt;
			greater than >:		&gt;

	&:		ampersand:		&amp;

	bulleted list:	<orderedlist>
			<listitem>
				<para></para>
			</listitem>
			<listitem>
				<para></para>
			</listitem>
			</orderedlist>

	shell example:	<screen>
			bin	dev	home 	lib	misc	opt	root
			boot	etc	initrd	mnt	proc	sbin	tmp
			</screen>

Used outside of <para></para>
-----------------------------

	figure (ex. 7-1):
			<programlisting>
				code goes here
			</programlisting>
			</figure>
	** Note here that DocBook will automatically create the 7-1, or
	whatever figure number it is... don't put it in your title **

	warning boxes:	<warning>
				<para></para>
			<warning>

--=-s+ZFmZ/YMTrAuFyWmTpl--