[Asterisk-doc] "The Extensions.conf Cookbook" chapter

Steven Critchfield asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:45:45 -0600

Sorry for being late to this list. I apparently didn't see the
announcement of it's creation.

As for suggestions, other than the differences in arguments for Dial,
nothing else should be different in the extensions.conf file regarding
technology used. So maybe you should simplify to explaining about
variables, contexts, includes and call flow, then if you wish get into
simple examples and later into advance options.
I think delving into any other config files in this section would not be
necessary and possibly problematic for a proofreader when anything in
those sections change.

So maybe like below

a) Basics.
	o Contexts- why to separate
	o Includes- how to reduce typing
	o Variables- extra data
	o Call flow- putting it together
b) Samples
	o building sample company using
		1 DevKit Lite
		2 T100P and VoIP phones
		3 T400P and channel banks
		4 VoIP termination and VoIP phones
	(Of course the only differences here might be in how you address
dialing more and more users)
c)  Advanced Concepts
	o bringing in the DB
	o DISA
	o Any number of neat tricks to go along with the cookbook.