[Asterisk-doc] Enum documentation

Olle E. Johansson asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:16:52 +0100

Peter Grace wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> ~    Here's my first draft of the documentation I wrote for ENUM.
> Questions, comments, flames all welcome!  (First flame dispelled:  I
> use MS Word, deal with it)
Ok, Flames is my choice. I'm a bit picky on Enum.

I added some text in the start, then I gave up. This text is not about Enum,
it's about a platform that used an Enum-like structure to do a TPC.int for telephony.
(Leif got my text, couldn't send it out on the list due to size limitation)

A good solution, but not Enum and propably something that should be in an appendix.

When covering Enum we should cover Enum. The solution here is very interesting, but not
a general text (How to build your own VoIP routing with Enum-like systems) and not an
Enum description. On the Wiki, this would be sorted in under Tips and tricks, but not
as general documentation.

The text is good PR for enum.fierymoon.com and that's propably something good - to lower
phone costs. There's also some good examples on dial plan solutions and system building
on Asterisk.

...but it's not about Enum and e164.arpa

/Olle