[Asterisk-doc] Suggestion: Weekly asterisk-doc conference - please read

Leif Madsen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
22 Dec 2003 03:03:15 -0500

I think it might be a good idea to designate a night that we have a
weekly asterisk-doc conference where we share what we are working on,
what we have done over the week, and what challenges we face in the
upcoming weeks.  I feel this will give some focus to the documentation
project and keep us moving forward, rather than getting in a stall and
running around in circles with little organization.

For the first conference, I am going to write out some topics of concern
(perhaps too strong of a word) which I feel need to be addressed just so
that everyone is on the same page.  Of particular importance is how the
documentation project and the wiki project are going to work hand in
hand.  If everyone is on the same level, then I feel things will be much
smoother.  I think we can all agree that the doc project and the wiki
project are NOT attempting to compete against each other, rather we are
both working towards the same goal; to document Asterisk.

For the first meeting I would really like to have Olle Johansson and
Rich Adamson of the wiki group (plus whoever else contributes heavily to
the wiki project, Olle, I'll leave that up to you) along with Jared
Smith, Peter Grace, Josh Rollyson and myself.  Of course everyone who is
participating in either project are welcome to join, but these seem to
be the most prominent people in the projects that I have seen so far.  I
would also like to see Brian K. West participating a bit more as we had
a discussion tonight about the extensions.conf section of the document,
and he had some good ideas.

I will attempt to get some thoughts organized this week, and perhaps
schedule something for next Sunday night ?  We'll have to see what night
everyone is mostly available, but I would imagine Sunday night might be
our best bet.. ?

I welcome ALL suggestions and criticism's!

Thanks to all and to all a good night.
--
Leif Madsen <leif@hacklocalhost.com>
http://www.hacklocalhost.com