[asterisk-dev] libjwt is being added to the 'third-party' packages (Attention Asterisk Package Maintainers!)

George Joseph gjoseph at sangoma.com
Tue Sep 26 10:16:29 CDT 2023

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 8:56 AM Jaco Kroon <jaco at uls.co.za> wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> Is the default to build STIR/SHAKEN if libjwt is found, or will it fail by
> default?

It will build by default if libjwt >= 1.15.3 is found on the build system
or if '--with-libjwt-bundled' is specified on the configure command line.

> In other words, on systems where libjwt is not available, is special
> action required to order to build?  Does this vary based on whether libjwt
> can be found or not?

If libjwt >= 1.15.3 is not found on the build system and
'--with-libjwt-bundled' was not specified on the configure command line,
then res_stir_shaken will be disabled.  The build will otherwise proceed
normally.  If you do a 'make cmenuselect' you'll see that res_stir_shaken
has 'XXX' next to it and won't be selectable.

Does that make sense?