[asterisk-dev] PLEASE CHECK THE RC RELEASE ARTIFACTS!!

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Mon May 22 00:19:22 CDT 2023

On 18.05.23 at 20:29 George Joseph wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 11:28 AM Michael Maier <m1278468 at mailbox.org
> <mailto:m1278468 at mailbox.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hello George,
>
>     On 18.05.23 at 19:04 George Joseph wrote:
>      > We've sorted the announcement issue and you should have just gotten the
>      > ones for the RCs.  Since they didn't go out on time, we'll hold off on
>      > the GA releases until next Tuesday.
>
>     yes, I got them now. I'll take a look how the new tar files are working
>     here regarding my existing build process based on a RPM spec file.
>
>     I would be glad if there would be URLs to the corresponding git changes.
>     This would help to find the code changes belonging to each entry faster.
>

> The issue I think is space.  Since the log has to be reasonably readable in plain
> text I'm not sure where we'd place the link without making it very busy.  I'm open
> to options though so could you maybe mock something up and post it back to the
> list so everyone can comment?

After some thought, I came to the conclusion, that your list gives a pretty good
first impression and a classification of each change. That's enough for most of
the use cases most probably.

If you need more information, it's best to do a git clone (respectively git pull
afterwards) to search for the head lines in git log. If someone is interested in
the patch, he can do a git show [sha1]. That's the way I do it from now on at least.

Thanks
Michael