[asterisk-dev] Call transfer (302 Moved temporarily) not working with pjsip

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at mail.de
Thu Mar 2 06:55:35 CST 2023

Hi *,

Maybe I found a small bug or I am doing something wrong.

When I do a "Transfer" on a call that arrives via PJSIP, Asterisk sends
a "302 Moved Temporarily" to perform the transfer.

Unlike chan_sip, the contact header is set different and maybe
incorrectly with PJSIP:

chan_sip:
   Contact: Transfer <sip:+49xxx at provider.de>

pjsip:
   Contact: <sip:+49170xxx at 91.2.166.143:5060>

The difference are domain (chan_sip) vs. local IP address (pjsip) and
the additional (wrong?) port number. The IP address is the one of my
router, but the port number should be 25060, because asterisk is
configured to use this port.

The transfer works with asterisk 11 and chan_sip. It does not work with
pjsip and asterisk 18. My provider does not accept the transfer done
with pjsip. Either the provider expects the domain in the contact
header or the error is in the wrong port number.

Is this a bugf or how to use transfer application in combination with
pjsip?

Thanks

Karsten