[asterisk-dev] Issue with PJSIP contacts being "unavailable"

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Jun 27 17:37:09 CDT 2023

On Tue, Jun 27, 2023 at 7:33 PM <asterisk at phreaknet.org> wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks - just to clarify, if such a connection *isn't* found, this won't
> help me right now? It would still use the default transport even with
> rewrite_contact=yes?

If the transport goes down in that scenario, then the Contact should get
removed because it is an ephemeral port and you can't establish an outbound
connection to it.

> In that case, I'm thinking the new option would add on to this by
> extending that behavior to if there isn't an active connection and it
> needs to set up a new one. Basically "use the contact to determine the
> transport, unconditionally" is essentially what it would do.

The scenario where this would only work is if rewrite_contact is set to no,
and a Contact is bound from a REGISTER.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead