[asterisk-dev] CLA Update (Requires Resigning)

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Fri Jun 9 10:13:15 CDT 2023

Greetings all,

Just a heads up that after discussion with an outside company wanting to
contribute I've updated the CLA to include some additional language around
patents after discussions between them and the Sangoma legal team. That
part now reads:

Developer hereby grants Sangoma and its successors and assigns a perpetual,
worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sublicenseable and
transferable license under any patent Developer owns or controls, now or in
the future, to make, have made, use, sell, offer for sale, or import
Submissions or any modifications thereof, including without limitation any
combinations of the Submissions or modifications thereof with software,
technology or services of Sangoma; but such license shall only apply to
those patent claims licensable by Developer that are necessarily infringed
by the Submissions alone or by the combination of the Submission(s) with
the Project to which the Submission was submitted.

This does require re-signing the CLA, but like previously it is
automatically accepted. There's no further planned CLA changes on the
horizon but if it does occur I'll send an email again.

Cheers,

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead