[asterisk-dev] Using SIP TLS with Mediasec

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Mon Jan 30 11:02:04 CST 2023

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 12:58 PM Karsten Wemheuer <kwem at mail.de> wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> I am currently testing Asterisk 18.16 with TLS and Mediasec. I am
> testing it with Telekom CompanyFlex. The trunk registers and after a
> while the request to re-register gets a "403 Forbidden".
> I had previously used Asterisk 18.15 with the patch from Michael Maier.
> That worked flawlessly.
> Why are there two approaches to solving the "Mediasec" problem? What is
> the obstacle that prevents to use the working patch from Michael Maier?

In order to be included in Asterisk the author has to sign the contributor
license agreement. Without this, a change can not be merged. Michael Maier
does not wish to sign the contributor license agreement - which is
completely their right - and thus that implementation can not be merged.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead