[asterisk-dev] Logging and multi-tenancy

Luke Escudé luke at primevox.net
Wed Jan 18 08:33:12 CST 2023

In our case, we've managed to turn Asterisk into a Docker container, so we can scale up/out as much as needed.

Interestingly, after running about 500 containers in production (500 asterisk instances) we've found that there's a lot of untapped power in the smaller containers, so we ended up designing our PBX web portal and our dial plan to be multi-tenant.

So, effectively, we can stick about 20 customers (roughly 100 to 400 SIP endpoints total) on a single Asterisk docker container without breaking a sweat.

The main issue now is trying to filter the real-time console output - We don't give customers access to any of that of course, just filtered logs and events via our web portal, which is permissions-based - so that a technician can diagnose a possible call flow failure without having to grep through tons of information.

Luke Escudé

Owner, CEO

972.600.1150

support at primevox.net