[asterisk-dev] PJSIP internal DNS client binding to random sticky ports can look scary

C. Maj chris at PenguinPBX.com
Fri Dec 15 17:21:06 CST 2023

On 12/15/23 14:32, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> Modern versions of Asterisk don't use the PJSIP resolver. We replace it
> with our own callback in res/res_pjsip/pjsip_resolver.c and do it on our
> own using either res_resolver_system, or res_resolver_unbound (which would
> listen itself). If PJSIP is still listening for DNS responses, then that
> would most likely be a bug and a patch to disable it when an external
> resolver (in PJSIP speak) is used should be provided to Teluu on their
> GitHub to see what they think, and then backported.

Thanks.

Looks like they already got to it -- PJSIP_HAS_RESOLVER is defined in:

third-party/pjproject/source/pjsip/include/pjsip/sip_config.h

...toggling that setting off closes the port completely and no mention
of any resolver is made by "pjsip dump endpt details".