[asterisk-dev] Mailing List Future

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Dec 13 06:30:22 CST 2023

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 8:12 AM Floimair Florian <f.floimair at commend.com>
wrote:

> I agree!
>

> To me the mailing list is the best source of gathering information,
> especially in terms of announcements of new Release versions.
>
> While there might be more info in the github releases the trigger is
> always the mailing list.

Can you (and others) explain why GitHub can't take the place of that
aspect? You can watch to receive notifications for just releases and
security advisories, which can then trigger an email. Is it the format of
the email? Harder to filter? The list is easier because it's combined with
other stuff?

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead