[asterisk-dev] Mailing List Future

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Dec 12 10:30:38 CST 2023

On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 12:10 PM Henning Westerholt <hw at gilawa.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> the majority of the responses seems to be against the discontinuation of
> the mailing list.

Yes, this is true. It would be nice to have more input though so if other
individuals have opinions (including why they want the lists to continue
and what they use them for) then that would be beneficial. I'm talking to
the over 2100 people who haven't responded to this thread.

> Has a decision already been made in the last week? Or is this still
> discussed internally or with some of the people that offered help in
> keeping the mailing lists running?

The only decision that has been made is that the instance of
lists.digium.com as it exists today will go away. I don't expect any
explicit decision to occur until next year. I'm personally going on
vacation for 2 weeks, though others may continue any discussion in my
absence to get further insight.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead