[asterisk-dev] Mailing List Future

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Dec 4 14:52:35 CST 2023

On Mon, 4 Dec 2023, Joshua C. Colp wrote:

> To that end, we’ve decided to discontinue the mailing lists effective
> February 1st, 2024.

I use both interfaces.

I would hate to see either go away. They serve different purposes for me.

The big draw for email is 'it comes to me' and it's quick to browse. I can
'funnel' (procmail) all of the Asterisk mailing lists into a single folder
and browse it all in a few seconds. I use 'alpine' as my MUA, so it's all
just a couple of keystrokes and I'm done. It does not disrupt my 'shell
heavy' workflow.

I like the web interface, particularly if I'm quoting or formatting a
snippet as 'code.'

--
Thanks in advance,