[asterisk-dev] Gerrit offline? -> What about the future of svn?

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Thu Aug 17 11:45:49 CDT 2023

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 1:35 PM Michael Maier <m1278468 at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hello George,
>
> On 17.08.23 at 14:09 George Joseph wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 5:58 PM George Joseph <gjoseph at sangoma.com
> > <mailto:gjoseph at sangoma.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I'll bring it back up in the morning.
> >

> > Gerrit is back up but will be permanently disabled on Monday at 1200Z.
>
> Another question:
> During build (of the (older) rpm src packages only?), svn is necessary.
> Will
> svn.digium.com still be online?

Some source code in contrib is still downloaded using SVN and will remain
available, even after we switch that to using Git. If you are referring to
other repositories such as asterisk itself, no. It should either be
mirrored or the dependency on the repo changed in the build process.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead