[asterisk-dev] [External] Re: Final Preview: docs.asterisk.org

George Joseph gjoseph at sangoma.com
Thu Aug 10 07:43:11 CDT 2023

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 10:41 PM Martin McCarthy <
martin.c.mccarthy at outlook.com> wrote:

> Good morning guys, I hope you're well. I've had a chance to preview the
> new Asterisk Docs page and it's looking good. However, there are a few
> points I would like to note and direct at the developer in order to improve
> the current layout of the site;
>
> --snip--

> I'm happy to assist with the code and design if needed. You can reach me
> on here or you can reach me on Libera.Chat in #asterisk. Thanks guys.
>
> Martin.

Hi Martin,

While we really appreciate the effort it took to do the review, the goal
of the documentation re-hosting was to get it off of the ancient Atlassian
Confluence infrastructure into a low maintenance environment that can
provide basic usability for the majority of our users.  We believe we've
reached that goal.   Sure, there are things that could be tweaked but given
the size of our team it's difficult for us to justify the resources that
would be required for many of them.   Your offer of assistance is also much
appreciated as would any issues and pull requests you might submit but
please keep in mind that the more customizations made to mkdocs and the
Material theme the more resources it takes to maintain them, especially
when we need to upgrade those tools.

Going forward if there are issues please file them as Github issues[1] so
they are properly tracked.

Thanks!
george

[1] https://github.com/asterisk/documentation/issues