[asterisk-dev] [External] Re: Final Preview: docs.asterisk.org

George Joseph gjoseph at sangoma.com
Wed Aug 9 10:12:01 CDT 2023

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 8:39 AM Joshua C. Colp <jcolp at sangoma.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 11:37 AM Floimair Florian <f.floimair at commend.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Josh!
>>

>> I went the same path actually but gave up, as CSS to me is something
>> completely out of my knowledge domain.
>>
>> I also had a look at the other teams but so far Material for mkdocs does
>> still look like the best option out there readily available.
>>

> Then I'd suggest filing an issue on the Github repo with your comments so
> they don't get lost. No guarantee anything can be done, but the docs repo
> is where issues should go.

Yeah, create an issue.  I can take a look in the coming weeks.  If you
constrict the width of your browser, at some point, the left nav bar will
collapse and you can get it back by clicking on the "hamburger" button that
then appears in the top-left of the page.  There's no way to collapse it
manually though so maybe we can find a way to add that.  Maybe we can also
make the page table of contents collapsible.  Both should give more
space to the content.  I think we can also override the viewport width of
the content.    A tweak to the dynamic documentation generator might also
help.