[asterisk-dev] Final Preview: docs.asterisk.org

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Fri Aug 4 14:25:33 CDT 2023

On 8/4/2023 3:20 PM, George Joseph wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 11:50 AM <asterisk at phreaknet.org
> <mailto:asterisk at phreaknet.org>> wrote:
>
>     Only thing I noticed when building this time around was warnings
>     like these:
>     INFO    -  Doc file
>     'Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Functions/SMDI_MSG_RETRIEVE.md'
>
>     contains an absolute link
>     '/Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Functions/SMDI_MSG',
>
>     it was left as is. Did you mean 'SMDI_MSG.md'?
>     INFO    -  Doc file
>     'Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Functions/STREAM_SILENCE.md'
>
>     contains an absolute link
>     '/Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Applications/ChanSpy',
>
>     it was left as is. Did you mean
>                 '../Dialplan_Applications/ChanSpy.md'?
>

> Since I don't get those errors I assume they're your own added
> documentation?  I can't really help there.  All I can say is to look
> at how the standard documentation references other pages.  To make
> sure the links work in different versions of asterisk, they need to be
> relative, like the last error message above.

No, I was seeing this for everything (e.g. ChanSpy and SMDI_MSG_RETRIEVE
above). But if you're not getting them, then maybe I (probably) missed
something. Since everything worked regardless, I don't think we need to
worry about this then. If I notice an actual issue down the line, I'll
look into that and flag if needed, but right now all's good.