[asterisk-dev] Final Preview: docs.asterisk.org

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Fri Aug 4 12:50:27 CDT 2023

On 8/4/2023 9:42 AM, George Joseph wrote:
> Well, I've made a few more changes and pushed them up.  I think this
> is as good as it's going to get for now.

I think it's perfect. Down from 230 MB to 140 MB for the same build. 40%
size reduction just by removing whitespace I guess! Looking at a few
pages manually, the HTML looks perfect. No visible issues.

Only thing I noticed when building this time around was warnings like these:
INFO    -  Doc file
'Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Functions/SMDI_MSG_RETRIEVE.md'
contains an absolute link
'/Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Functions/SMDI_MSG',
it was left as is. Did you mean 'SMDI_MSG.md'?
INFO    -  Doc file
'Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Functions/STREAM_SILENCE.md'
contains an absolute link
'/Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Applications/ChanSpy',
it was left as is. Did you mean
            '../Dialplan_Applications/ChanSpy.md'?

However I tested the site and things seem to work fine. The build did
take longer, possibly due to the above checks, 90 seconds vs 18, but
that's not really an issue. The links do appear to be relative to me -
I'm not putting this in a domain root, but in a subfolder, and the links
all seem to work correctly for me. So I don't think there's an issue and
it seems like this can be ignored - perhaps it went ahead and converted
it on the fly. Just wanted to point that out in case I'm wrong.

Everything seems to work well, I don't see any further issues with
anything here. Thanks a lot George for looking into these issues, I'm
looking forward to porting documentation over to this new generation method.