[asterisk-dev] Out of the media call forwarding.

John Bittner john at xaccel.net
Mon Sep 12 00:10:54 CDT 2022

Hello,

Having an issue with call delay and it got more noticeable as more an more customers start to forward there inbound calls to cell phones. Calling from cell to office then transfer to another cell has the most delays.

To avoid this I am trying to figure out how to get out of the audio stream and transfer via the carrier. I tried a few options, like asterisk transfer feature that works great from asterisk to asterisk but not directed to a carrier.
Do I need to get the carrier to enable a feature to do this ?

Anyone know the best way to solve this problem. I have researched this and cant find a solid answer. Is sip redirect the answer ?

Any help is much appreciated.

John Bittner
Xaccel