[asterisk-dev] chan_sip deprecation

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Mon Nov 21 12:31:04 CST 2022

I've been planning to do that, though I'm not going to do anything until
it's actually removed.
Anything we do in the future will probably be here:
https://github.com/InterLinked1/phreakscript
It'll likely start by reversing the patches that remove chan_sip, and
then adding features that have been added to it after the cutoff
deadline for new features earlier this year (similar to what's done
there now, currently).
I largely don't use chan_sip anymore but there is enough need/want for
it (with likely lots of people trying to do the  same thing) that I see
that it makes sense for supporting there. Obviously, nothing about this
would be "officially supported"...