[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 20 Feature Freeze Notice

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed May 18 11:00:00 CDT 2022

Kia ora,

Just a friendly reminder that today is the official two month
notification[1] prior to feature freeze on Wednesday July 20th, 2022. For
those who are not aware, we try to "feature freeze" the master branch in
order to test and stabilize the code base prior to release of a new major
version of Asterisk - this year it's, Asterisk 20.

For more information about this process, the schedule surrounding it, and
how it plays into our more liberal inclusion policy for released branches,
see [2].

Thank you for all that you do to contribute and help the project move
forward.

Best wishes!

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions
[2]