[asterisk-dev] Handling blind transfers with ARI

Jean Aunis jean.aunis at prescom.fr
Wed Jun 15 09:15:57 CDT 2022

Hello,

I had no answer to this question on asterisk-app-dev, so I'm trying here.

I'm trying to figure out how blind transfers are supposed to work with ARI.

When two channels are bridged together through ARI, and one of them
performs a blind SIP transfer, two things happen :

- a Local channel is instantiated and goes through the dialplan at the
specified destination

- the transferee channel goes through the same dialplan at the specified
destination

The latter looks fine. The former is strange. I understand that this
Local channel is created to avoid losing track of the transferee channel
in ARI, but:

- how am I supposed to handle it ?

- when the transfer is successful, which channel must be placed in which
bridge ?

- why do both channels go through the same part of the dialplan ? I
would have expected only one of them to do that.

Any hints ?

Regards,

Jean