[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 18.16.0-rc1 Now Available

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Wed Dec 21 09:53:39 CST 2022

On 21.12.22 at 15:52 Fridrich Maximilian wrote:
>> I got it working now with [...]
>
> That is excellent news!

But the remaining useless headers in Invite should be removed before the
final release.

>> I think this should be part of the documentation.
>
> I'm not a maintainer but I think usually the documentation is kept
> quite general without describing specific use cases. The docs for the
> security_mechanisms parameter say "This is a comma-delimited list of
> security mechanisms to use. Each security mechanism must be in the form
> defined by RFC 3329 section 2.2." [1]. I think this should suffice.

Sorry - I wasn't able to derive the options string needed *for your
implementation* based on RFC 3329 section 2.2. For me it wasn't obvious,
that the ';mediasec' has to be added (I would have expected, that this
is done automatically if the first parameter is set to mediasec
(security_negotiation=mediasec))

security_mechanisms=msrp-tls\;mediasec,sdes-srtp\;mediasec,dtls-srtp\;mediasec

Therefore I still think this must be part of the documentation. What's
wrong to provide an example for a (specific) use case? Why should it be
secret? This way, users know, how the config option has to be used
without long try and error to guess the correct syntax.

Thanks
Michael