[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 18.16.0-rc1 Now Available

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Sun Dec 18 01:46:03 CST 2022

On 17.12.22 at 18:21 Michael Maier wrote:
> On 15.12.22 at 14:39 Asterisk Development Team wrote:
>
>> # [ASTERISK-30032 <https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-30032>] -
>>         Support of mediasec SIP headers and SDP attributes
>> (Reported by Maximilian Fridrich)

Hi Maximilian,

today I tried your implementation with Deutsche Telekom (MagentaZuhause).

My configuration:
security_negotiation=mediasec
security_mechanisms=sdes-srtp(,dtls-srtp,msrp-tls)

for endpoint and registration.

I wasn't able to get it working. The headers you are setting unfortunately doesn't
meet the Deutsche Telekom requirements - besides one additional bug.

If you compare it to my patch, you most probably will see the differences / the bug.

Please be careful as Deutsche Telekom not always responds with 494 during
registration and even authorization during registration isn't always necessary
(only sometimes)! You should have a close look over ~1 day and each reRegistration
to be sure to get each possible procedure! Try to force reRegistrations with pjsip
send register ... and carefully check the headers. Does it still work 1 hour later
(in- and outbound calls)?

The registration implementation is not necessarily ok if the registration is fine
(no error is thrown)! You must try to place an outgoing call e.g. - this call must
work! At the moment, the registration proceeds, but outgoing calls are rejected
(403 Forbidden). The cause is, that the registration wasn't correct and therefore
srtp isn't possible - but Deutsche Telekom requires / enforces srtp if tls is active!

Here you can see how it should look like:
https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/telekom-all-ip-privat-endlich-erfolgreiche-registierung-ssl-tls-m%C3%B6glich.300166/page-3
(Meester Proper is a very good skilled employee of Deutsche Telekom)

Btw:
- Are Options packages working? Did you test this, too?
- I can provide my mediasec patch for 18.16.0-rc1 if you want to have it.

Thanks
Michael